Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Explorer Symposium...

Tonight was the big night for the Tessera kids. They had an explorer symposium. They studied exploration all semester, then each student chose an explorer to learn all about. They wrote essays about him/her, and did pages online about them. Tonight they dressed up and acted like their explorer. Everyone milled around the room and chatted with each other, and the kids acted the part of their explorer. It was pretty cute. Here are a few pictures.
Abbie was Jane Goodall, and Emma was Walt Disney.
Here they are with their "messages in a bottle" about their explorer.
Abbie, Emma, Tyler, Chloe, and Lauryn
Miss Jane Goodall and her little ape.
Good Job Abbie!




3 comments:

Susie said...

So cute of them. That sounded like a fun event.

Lucy said...

Really cute. And what a great idea. Seth did this earlier in the year and was Martin Luther King Jr. It was a little....awkward to have him dress up like the man:) He did wear his Sunday suit and retold parts of his "I Have A Dream" speech.

Can you believe our oldest are so, well, old? I mean, I know they aren't really. They're only nine, but they seem so grown up to me learning about the world this way. Remember when they were two and chasing each other around a campfire? Abbie has turned out exactly how I imagined such a smart, kind, beautiful girl would.

Betsy said...

Looks like a fun project! Way to go Abs!