
We spent all week taking advantage of the beautiful weather to get the yard all ready for summer. We redid sprinklers, planted, dug up, fertilized etc. Thursday we had 40 yards of bark delivered to spread, and worked all day Friday on it. We were planning on heading to our ward activity Friday night a 5:45.
At about 5:35, I look up to see Reese running into the house screaming with a look of horror on his little face. It only took me a half second to notice his arm and see why he was so upset. I could see from across the room that his forearm was completely broken in half and poking upward from the middle in about a 45 degree angle. Yikes. Luckily Chad was also home. I screamed for him to come in the family room (while I tried to tell Reese that it was just fine, not to worry). Chad jumped out of the shower and ran in, in his towel to see what the panic was al about. In 30 sec. flat he was dressed and getting Reese in the car to the hospital.
It was our first experience with a broken bone, so we might have over reacted a little, but you should have seen it.
Anyway, to make a long story short, Reese and Alec were playing on the tractor we were using to spread bark. They were racing to see who could climb up and jump off their side the fastest. Somehow Reese lost his balance and fell off instead of jumping off, landed on his arm, and broke it.
They admitted him to the hospital. We were there until about 3:30 Saturday afternoon. It seemed to be quite a big production for just a broken arm.


At about 5:35, I look up to see Reese running into the house screaming with a look of horror on his little face. It only took me a half second to notice his arm and see why he was so upset. I could see from across the room that his forearm was completely broken in half and poking upward from the middle in about a 45 degree angle. Yikes. Luckily Chad was also home. I screamed for him to come in the family room (while I tried to tell Reese that it was just fine, not to worry). Chad jumped out of the shower and ran in, in his towel to see what the panic was al about. In 30 sec. flat he was dressed and getting Reese in the car to the hospital.
It was our first experience with a broken bone, so we might have over reacted a little, but you should have seen it.
Anyway, to make a long story short, Reese and Alec were playing on the tractor we were using to spread bark. They were racing to see who could climb up and jump off their side the fastest. Somehow Reese lost his balance and fell off instead of jumping off, landed on his arm, and broke it.
They admitted him to the hospital. We were there until about 3:30 Saturday afternoon. It seemed to be quite a big production for just a broken arm.
Here's a copy of one of the x-rays.

Reese in his hospital bed.

The kids visiting. 
Hooked up to an IV, and trying to go to the bathroom.
Wheeled away to the OR to have it set the next morning.
5 comments:
Wow. That is some break. Poor Reese. And poor you guys. It is traumatizing to see your little people in pain. It must have been intense having in in the hospital overnight too.
He sure is a trooper. Is it his baseball arm?
Parenting doesn't get any more exciting than a trip to the hospital! I try to limit mine to just once a year.
Poor Reese. He is quite the trooper (all of you are). Hope it heals quickly.
I feel really bad for you and that had to happen to Reese. I have been there in your shoes. Last Summer we had two kids brake their arms. Austin had the worse and was like Reese, he broke both bones in his forearm, plus had to have surgery to put a pin in. You will get through it and this will soon past. Best Wishes to all of you. Our prayers are with you.
Cute little brave Reeser! I stared at that x-ray forever trying to imagine it-Youch!!! I wish were there to give him a big hug and sign his cast. Hey-why don't you sign it for us. Grant says to put "get well soon" from him and would you put on "Hugs and Kisses from KC" from the rest of us?
Love you guys-
Angi
Reese is still smiling in every picture! What a tough kid for a bad break.
Post a Comment