Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birthday traditions...

My favorite of all our family birthday traditions, is the one we do for my birthday. Every year on my birthday we go out to breakfast. Then we take the kids to school late and Chad heads to work late. It's just really fun for some reason. This year we went to a new little breakfast joint and it turned out to be really yummy. We had a great time. And to top it all off, (Chad knows me really well) Chad took the whole day off work as a birthday surprise. It was the best birthday present. I'm really greedy with his time and love to get as much of it as I can. I love just hanging out for the day with nothing planned. A friend watched Alec for a couple hours after preschool. We spent the day Christmas shopping and went out to lunch. Then we went out to dinner with some friends at my favorite new sushi restaurant, and played games after. It was one of my best birthdays ever. I just LOVE birthdays.

Luke loved his hot cocoa.

Alec got a big yummy waffle with tons of whipped cream.
Here's Abbie with her bacon, her all-time favorite food.

Yum yum.
Nothing like a good breakfast out with the whole fam.
Games with friends after a great dinner.
I love birthday traditions!


1 comment:

Susie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kari!! Are you turing 29 again? It sounded like you got spoiled, and had a wonderful day. Love your birthday traditions it sounds like fun too do that.